Sunday, February 28, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics

Okay...so just got done watching the nail biting conclusion to the 2010 Winter Olympic games with the USA vs. Canada hockey game. I wish it were a different outcome...but it was a hard fought game. Team USA deserves a big pat on their back and/or hug perhaps.

I have to say I have watched more and kept up more with the winter olympics this year than in year's past. I found myself watching things I had never watched before- perhaps it is coming of age. As a little girl I loved the figure skating and ice dancing imagining myself an ice princess one day...yeah- since I live in Texas! Anyway, but this year I found myself abandoning my usual fare and enjoying downhill skiing, curling, snowboarding, speed skating and hockey to name a few. Team USA kicked behind and will come home with quite a few medals and probably more importantly a lot of pride. Vancouver was a beautiful setting too- despite the unpredictable weather. I would love to go there someday...

Although...I must admit that I am much more of a summer olympics fan and look forward to the London games in 2012...only 2 years and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment